Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My unwise outfit

So I wear things on the weekend that I don't normally wear during the week, just because I can, and because it's fun to dress differently once in awhile. I made an unwise outfit choice this past weekend though. I put this outfit on and thought to myself that I looked cute and fun, but didn't even think about how it would be perceived to the outside world. I'll tell you how I looked to the outside world. Like a ho.

I learned this by walking around in SF's Mission district before getting my hair cut, and subsequently getting honked at, cat called, and whistled at. I did not appreciate this, and though flattering at first, you start to feel really dirty after the 3rd and 4th times. My fiancĂ© just laughed at me. 

I asked Mr. Rockit why he didn't tell me my outfit was so distractingly risque, and he equated it to having a child that's like I WANT TO WEAR PAJAMAS! and being so excited about it, you can't tell them not to. So he let me out of the house looking like a tramp. Apparently. 

Anyway, here is the outfit. (sort of) Tell me what you think? I still don't understand what made it so scandalous. I think it may be the high socks. Either way, I'm only wearing this outfit in the Castro from now on.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I think it's the amount of thigh you have visible, while the rest of your skin is covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you online? Where have you been!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...