Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My unwise outfit

So I wear things on the weekend that I don't normally wear during the week, just because I can, and because it's fun to dress differently once in awhile. I made an unwise outfit choice this past weekend though. I put this outfit on and thought to myself that I looked cute and fun, but didn't even think about how it would be perceived to the outside world. I'll tell you how I looked to the outside world. Like a ho.

I learned this by walking around in SF's Mission district before getting my hair cut, and subsequently getting honked at, cat called, and whistled at. I did not appreciate this, and though flattering at first, you start to feel really dirty after the 3rd and 4th times. My fiancĂ© just laughed at me. 

I asked Mr. Rockit why he didn't tell me my outfit was so distractingly risque, and he equated it to having a child that's like I WANT TO WEAR PAJAMAS! and being so excited about it, you can't tell them not to. So he let me out of the house looking like a tramp. Apparently. 

Anyway, here is the outfit. (sort of) Tell me what you think? I still don't understand what made it so scandalous. I think it may be the high socks. Either way, I'm only wearing this outfit in the Castro from now on.


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - I think it's the amount of thigh you have visible, while the rest of your skin is covered.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...